An Elite Agency Seeking Elite Talent
We’re always excited to meet future work-family members who are compassionate, wicked-smart, humble, enthusiastic, innovative, collaborative, curious, diverse, impact-driven and uber-playful people. If you don’t see an open position that leverages your experience and skills, email us your resume anyway, we’d love to meet you.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Director to join our growing team.
The Sales Director is accountable for driving customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives against individual targets for the company and developing and executing all key growth sales strategies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Meet or exceed annual sales targets within an assigned region
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate company goals
• Articulate Bishop-McCann’s services, positioning us within the market and industry against our competitors
• Lead the sales process from planning stage to close
• Lead and participate in the RFP and RFI process, including qualifying leads
• Collaborate with internal teams through the sales process (marketing, finance, creative, logistics and production)
• Communicate, present and influence effectively at the executive and c-level
• Participating in Sales/Leadership meetings to provide departmental insight and collaborate in general business decisions regarding strategy, delivery and client focus
• Represent Bishop-McCann at industry events and meetings
Desired experience and skills and competencies:
• Alignment with Bishop-McCann’s core values. This means having integrity and being impact-driven, compassionate, collaborative, enthusiastic, curious and playful is part of your DNA
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets, in the meeting, event and incentives industry
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
• A strong book of business and a keen ability to strategically partner with clients
• Collaborative approach to working with internal and external teams
• Experience in marketing with a gift for story-telling
• Ambitious and results-driven
• Entrepreneurial, flexible and hands-on
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years in the meeting and incentive travel industry
• Proficiency with CRM, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business
• Willingness to travel
To apply: please send your cover letter stating salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered upon receipt. Bishop-McCann strives for diversity and inclusion and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bishop-McCann is seeking a full-time Global Sourcing Manager to join our growing team and provide site selection and contract negotiation services for clients. Based in Kansas City or North Chicago, our Global Sourcing Manager is responsible for the following:
- Evaluate client requirements and prepare meeting specifications for distribution
- Distribute RFP and process responses
- Prepare and provide site grids to clients
- Research location and hotel property
- Provide updates to properties
- Travel on-site for site inspections
Contracts & Negotiation
- Partner with hotels to negotiate the best possible terms on behalf of clients
- Maintain database of client loyalty program numbers and hot buttons and ensure they are included in the appropriate contracts
- Make recommendations as needed to ensure that client addendums are thorough and up-to-date
- Track project turnover including cost savings and negotiated savings
- Maintain and grow relationships with major hotel chain National Sales Managers and independent hotel properties
- Participate in hotel vendors’ presentations
- Proactively research locations, hotel properties and venues
- Gather industry and contracting insights and share best practices across departments
- Provide frequent industry updates to clients (one to one and by participating in our company newsletter/blog forums)
- Attend industry events, including FAM trips and report findings back to company/clients
- Actively maintain database of hotels, critical data and contact information in CRM (rates, rooms used, etc.)
- Actively maintain and organize team databases
- Actively maintain program actualization information in Cvent
- Generate cost avoidance and negotiated savings reports for all programs sourced and share with Program Managers and Account Directors and client at turnover
- Track annual spending by vendor and client
Love Existing & Potential Clients
- Support business development opportunities by developing support materials for presentations and forming relationships with prospective clients
- Strengthen relationships with existing clients
- Represent Bishop-McCann at assigned industry functions
Candidates must possess:
- A love of learning
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Incredible negotiating skills
- Ability to travel (20%)
- Enviable organization and time management skills
- Confident presentation and client-facing abilities
- Comfortable with multiple projects and aggressive deadlines
- A sharp eye for details (accuracy) and familiarity with hotel and venue contracts
- The ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- The desire to share best practices and elevate team members
- Proficiency in MS office programs, CRM and Cvent
- Vast first-hand knowledge of destinations and hotels
- A four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7 years in the hotel or meetings industry and sourcing experience
- CMP, CMM or HCP certification is preferred
- A collaborative, curious, playful, impact-driven, compassionate working style
To apply for this Global Sourcing position, please send us your resume and a cover letter stating salary requirements and desired location to email@example.com no later than September 1, 2017. This full-time position offers a total rewards package including base pay, performance-based incentive bonus, 18 vacation days, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k (and other cool stuff too). Bishop-McCann strives for diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join us for a hands-on Apprenticeship
The mission of our Internship Program is two fold:
- We want to help grow and mentor Generation Next, our future leaders. We have the very best talent in the industry—join us for a hands-on experience working alongside our people.
- We want to be challenged and we want to learn from different perspectives. We want to surround ourselves and collaborate with students who bring an outside point of view. We know we’ll learn just as much as you do.
We review applications November 1 – December 1 for the Winter/Spring program, which begins January 1st.
We review applications May 1 – June 1 for the Summer/Fall program, which begins July 1st.
Opportunities vary each season. Please check our careers page for available opportunities.
Q: What makes Bishop-McCann’s Apprenticeship program different?
A: We partner interns with Bishop-McCann associates who are passionate about working with and developing interns. We also want this to be valuable real-world work experience.
Q: What if I’m still in school during the program dates?
A: We’re open to exploring part-time schedules; individual listings will describe any schedule requirements.
Q: Will I get school credit?
A: We will work with various school’s programs and requirements to secure school credit when possible.
Q: Are internships paid?
A: Yes. We offer an hourly or daily stipend depending on the position.
Q: What are my responsibilities?
A: We want our interns to actively participate, to contribute to the success of our projects, to give feedback and at the end of the program to share key learnings in a companywide meeting.
Q: What’s the interview process?
A: We have a three-stage interview process, including a case study round interview, before we make any internship offers.
Q: Is a full time position guaranteed at the end of my program?
A: We can’t guarantee job placement, but we would love to explore any available opportunities with you and will support your career development as much as we can.
Not Seeing a Good Fit?
We could be launching a search for your dream position any minute so send us your resume anyway. Resumes, digital-porfolios and letters of interest can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our Talent & Culture team will be in touch.
Bishop-McCann strives for diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.