An Elite Agency Seeking Elite Talent
We’re always excited to meet future work-family members who are compassionate, wicked-smart, humble, enthusiastic, innovative, collaborative, curious, diverse, impact-driven and uber-playful people. If you don’t see an open position that leverages your experience and skills, email us your resume anyway, we’d love to meet you.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Director to join our growing team.
The Sales Director is accountable for driving customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives against individual targets for the company and developing and executing all key growth sales strategies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Meet or exceed annual sales targets within an assigned region
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate company goals
• Articulate Bishop-McCann’s services, positioning us within the market and industry against our competitors
• Lead the sales process from planning stage to close
• Lead and participate in the RFP and RFI process, including qualifying leads
• Collaborate with internal teams through the sales process (marketing, finance, creative, logistics and production)
• Communicate, present and influence effectively at the executive and c-level
• Participating in Sales/Leadership meetings to provide departmental insight and collaborate in general business decisions regarding strategy, delivery and client focus
• Represent Bishop-McCann at industry events and meetings
Desired experience and skills and competencies:
• Alignment with Bishop-McCann’s core values. This means having integrity and being impact-driven, compassionate, collaborative, enthusiastic, curious and playful is part of your DNA
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets, in the meeting, event and incentives industry
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
• A strong book of business and a keen ability to strategically partner with clients
• Collaborative approach to working with internal and external teams
• Experience in marketing with a gift for story-telling
• Ambitious and results-driven
• Entrepreneurial, flexible and hands-on
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years in the meeting and incentive travel industry
• Proficiency with CRM, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business
• Willingness to travel
To apply: please send your cover letter stating salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be considered upon receipt. Bishop-McCann strives for diversity and inclusion and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are seeking an experienced, full-time Program Manager to join and manage our South San Francisco operations team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain client relationships by delivering a high level of customer service.
- Deliver innovation and creativity that set us apart from our competition. Strive to delight the customer and exceed their expectations.
- Ensure operational processes and procedures are followed and meet strict program deadlines and budget requirements.
- Attend client meetings and events as needed to ensure the highest level of service is being delivered and grow client relationships.
- Create, distribute and maintain program planning documents.
- Develop and monitor program budget utilizing approved budget templates and standards. Monitor room blocks, attrition dates and other critical deadlines against the contract to ensure timely processing of deposits, payments and invoices, and proper coding of each.
- Maximize value by effectively maintaining cost savings and avoidance data for each program. Create and analyze comprehensive reports as required.
- Responsible for the overall design, development and maintenance of registration websites.
- Contribute ideas for process improvement and suggestions to increase efficiency.
- Manage vendor RFP process, contract negotiation and management, vendor performance evaluation and documentation.
- Ensure the management of the air travel component of programs to maximize cost savings.
- Ensure all final budget reconciliations are completed post program.
- Source onsite support via our lead travel directors and travel staff and provide leadership to the team.
- Travel on-site to programs as needed.
- Work with Program Coordinator(s) to develop a project timeline and track progress, target dates and deadlines.
- Delegate appropriate responsibilities to Program Coordinators; provide guidance and cross-train throughout the planning process. Serve as mentor, coach, guide and help with problem solving to junior staff.
- Provide post program feedback and evaluation data to the team for the purpose of future reference regarding the overall quality of hotel/venue, staff, service, condition of property, etc.
- Collaborate with other teams (staffing, sourcing, air travel, creative services, production) to deliver on-brand program experiences.Team Participation
- Manage the day-t0-day operations team
- Actively participate in weekly team meetings
- Participate in company meetings, conference calls and events to maintain a high level of information sharing with all associates.
- Maintain positive relationships with team members and vendors.
- Strengthen relationships with existing clients.
- Participate in vendor and client visits as needed.
- Work with the team as needed to respond to requests for reporting, proposals and special projects.
- Attend at least one industry function per year to increase the visibility of our brand.
Please send your application, including cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us for a hands-on Apprenticeship
The mission of our Internship Program is two fold:
- We want to help grow and mentor Generation Next, our future leaders. We have the very best talent in the industry—join us for a hands-on experience working alongside our people.
- We want to be challenged and we want to learn from different perspectives. We want to surround ourselves and collaborate with students who bring an outside point of view. We know we’ll learn just as much as you do.
We review applications November 1 – December 1 for the Winter/Spring program, which begins January 1st.
We review applications May 1 – June 1 for the Summer/Fall program, which begins July 1st.
Opportunities vary each season. Please check our careers page for available opportunities.
Q: What makes Bishop-McCann’s Apprenticeship program different?
A: We partner interns with Bishop-McCann associates who are passionate about working with and developing interns. We also want this to be valuable real-world work experience.
Q: What if I’m still in school during the program dates?
A: We’re open to exploring part-time schedules; individual listings will describe any schedule requirements.
Q: Will I get school credit?
A: We will work with various school’s programs and requirements to secure school credit when possible.
Q: Are internships paid?
A: Yes. We offer an hourly or daily stipend depending on the position.
Q: What are my responsibilities?
A: We want our interns to actively participate, to contribute to the success of our projects, to give feedback and at the end of the program to share key learnings in a companywide meeting.
Q: What’s the interview process?
A: We have a three-stage interview process, including a case study round interview, before we make any internship offers.
Q: Is a full time position guaranteed at the end of my program?
A: We can’t guarantee job placement, but we would love to explore any available opportunities with you and will support your career development as much as we can.
Not Seeing a Good Fit?
We could be launching a search for your dream position any minute so send us your resume anyway. Resumes, digital-porfolios and letters of interest can be sent to email@example.com and someone from our Talent & Culture team will be in touch.
Bishop-McCann strives for diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.