2017 National Meeting, Alignment for Growth
“Carey was a great fit for our attendees and an inspired addition to our Wilbur-Ellis Agribusiness National Meeting.”– Dan Vradenburg, President of Wilbur-Ellis Agribusiness.
Although the Ag industry has been experiencing a downturn economy, this leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural products has capitalized on new opportunities and has continued to grow its business. After a lengthy reorganization (Alignment for Growth), the company is challenged to drive home the idea of growing together as one company.
The message of Fearless Leadership, from speaker Carey Lohrenz.
Carey Lohrenz’s extensive experience operating in one of the world’s most challenging environments, an aircraft carrier, and her unique position as one of the first female fighter pilots made her a perfect choice for this mission. Through Carey Lohrenz’s high energy keynote, she engaged and inspired the organization to achieve peak performance.
Carey shared the fundamentals that helped her win in the cockpit on Mach 2.
- Be a Catalyst. Make change happen by focusing on what matters most.
- Be Tenacious. Overcome your fear of failure.
- Be Committed to Excellence. Prepare, Execute and Debrief to accomplish seemingly impossible missions every day.
- Be Resilient. Turn adversity into success.
An industry pioneer and team performance accelerant, Carey is uniquely qualified in the fundamentals of Leadership, Teamwork, Winning Under Pressure, Reducing Errors and Overcoming Obstacles.
She challenged, informed and inspired the team to move to higher levels of performance. Lohrenz offered bottom-line expertise with clear, realistic takeaway items that will produce both short-term and life changing results.
- Tied to the sales team (their teams are their customers who they lead).
- Promoted courage, tenacity and integrity – which underscore the Wilbur-Ellis core values.
- Taught the power of vision, culture, preparation, performance and resilience – all appropriate for differentiating from the competition.
Carey’s Fearless Leadership Message was a perfect fit and met the key objectives for the meeting (per the CEO). A platform was built which has motivated the agribusiness team to be prepared for the opportunities and challenges their business will face over the next four years.
In lieu of a meeting gift, the company assembled care packages for military soldiers coming back from overseas. After the General Session, the attendees had the opportunity to build personalized care packages that would be sent to service personnel in need. Each package included a special note from the associates. Following the service project an “Officer’s Club” themed dinner was held to recognize the veterans of Wilbur-Ellis.