Happy Employees = Better Employees
And that’s good for business!
“Michelle masterfully aligned her message with our theme and tailored her talk to fit with our corporate culture.”– Haylie DiJiusto, Sr. Manager, Travel & Meeting Services
Corporate North American employees with a national staffing company focused on driving a culture of happy employees.
This client required a message that would go beyond supporting the overall theme of the event, “Happy Employees are Better Employees”, to make a persuasive case proving that workplace happiness truly matters to employees and to the long-term health of an organization.
BMC Speakers suggested and contracted speaker, Michelle Gielan – founder, Institute for Applied Positive Research.
Michelle’s message, Broadcasting Happiness, Creating Success through Positive Engagement, underscored that broadcasting happiness fuels performance, builds work optimism, builds positive engagement and builds support provision.
A few of her powerful, simple action ideas:
- Power Lead – Start conversations by saying something positive and meaningful.
- Fact Check – Isolate the negative/stressful thought, list the known facts, list the fueling facts.
- Honest Thanks: Send a 2-minute email praising & thanking a co-worker.
- Research proved employee happiness is pivotal to organizational success.
- Research proved that the company’s efforts will result in benefits across several fronts, including productivity, recruitment and retention.
- The bottom line: Workplace happiness matters to employees and to the long-term health of an organization. Michelle proved that most importantly, leaders have the power to influence it.