Bishop-McCann adds on-site medical care and mindfulness services for meetings and events through partnership with InHouse Physicians
Provides global expertise to cover most critical healthcare needs
Kansas City, Mo. (Date, 2020) – Bishop-McCann, a worldwide leader in the meetings, incentive programs and corporate events industry, has partnered with InHouse Physicians to deliver high quality, on-site medical care and mindfulness opportunities at meetings and events of all sizes, from a national sales meeting, international incentive trip or senior management retreat. This medical support ensures corporate event planners fulfill their duty of care to mitigate risk and protect the health of their attendees who are attending events across the globe.
Bishop-McCann Medical Meetings Support Powered by InHouse Physicians
Roughly 5-10% of attendees are ill when they attend a meeting or corporate event, and commonly 20% when attending international events. This not only disrupts the flow of the program for the organizer and the attendee, but it increases the risk of spreading illness to other attendees. Even the most sophisticated corporate event planners believe major and limited health care is sufficiently covered by the event center. But often, this care is far from adequate
Bishop-McCann Medical Meetings Support Powered by InHouse Physicians offers the following:
- On-site Medical Provider, who is board certified in emergency medicine.
- Global network of healthcare professionals.
- 24-hour on-site mini emergency room.
- Actual ER services and care with advanced technical equipment and treatment supplies.
- On-call local medical specialists in cardiology, orthopedics, general surgery and more.
- A portable pharmacy available 24-hours on site, containing the most commonly prescribed medications.
- Flu Prevention and Pandemic Preparedness Plans
- Handling of all event logistics and set up, without distraction to corporate event planners and attendees.
“Bishop-McCann Medical Meetings Support Powered by InHouse Physicians is filling an unmet need in the corporate meeting industry by providing access to convenient, high-quality medical care and wellness experiences,” said Rob Adams, Bishop-McCann President and CEO. “Now, we can offer our clients even more support and services to ensure their meeting experience, and that of their attendees, is positive, healthy and meaningful.”
“From sore throats to heart attacks, our team is there when you need us the most. We provide peace of mind to both the meeting attendees and the meeting organizers,” said Jonathan Spero, M.D., who founded InHouse Physicians in 1992. “We’re thrilled to partner with industry-leader Bishop-McCann to offer this service to its clients.”
Bishop-McCann Workplace Wellness Powered by InHouse Physicians
Promoting and delivering wellness to attendees is a growing priority for organizations. To address this, Bishop-McCann Workplace Wellness Powered by InHouse Physicians will improve organizations’ bottom line by enhancing the attendees’ mindset with the IHP Mindfulness @ Meetings Series that includes:
- Wellness Kit: Attendees will receive a small wellness and mindfulness package to enhance their experience at the program.
- Guided Mindfulness Library: Attendees have access to a library of brief, powerful audio and video exercises with everything from guided meditations to gratitude moments to simple visualization. This information is pushed out to attendees via the meeting app.
- Live-Streamed Classes: Attendees can participate in yoga and mindfulness classes in a group setting, or from the privacy of their own room.
- R Lounge: While on-site, attendees are invited to this lounge to experience neuroscience elements designed to rejuvenate bodies and minds.
- Brain Foods: Our mindful nutrition team works with meeting planners to offer a selection of tasty brain foods that will provide the fuel needed for peak performance.
For more information about on-site medical care, visit bishopmccann.com
Bishop-McCann is one of the global leaders in producing meetings, incentive programs and events. For the past 12 years, MeetingsNet has named Bishop-McCann to its “CMI 25” list, which highlights the largest and most influential corporate full-service meeting and incentive travel management companies in North America. The Bishop-McCann team executes all aspects of meeting and incentive travel planning including event strategy, hotel procurement, air travel, event logistics, keynote speakers and entertainment procurement, event technology, meeting measurement and experiential marketing.
About InHouse Physicians
Created in 1992, InHouse Physicians ignites human potential in our clients’ workforce by leveraging the science of human performance. This goes well beyond Duty of Care and Health and Wellness by assisting every employee we touch in being the best versions of themselves.