As the event industry adapts to the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to look for new ways to keep the attendee experience alive and teams connected as many meetings are being presented virtually or postponed.
Since most of the country is under stay at home/shelter in place orders, organizations and their employees are working from home. This new working from home environment has many people feeling isolated and disconnected from team members. So how do you make attendees for virtual or postponed meetings still feel engaged, valued, and connected from home? We see a trend emerging with meeting boxes and these can be done in several different ways.
For meetings moving to a virtual meeting:
A day or two prior to the start of your virtual meeting, schedule to have a meeting box delivered to the attendee’s home addresses. Fill this box with items that make attendees feel comfortable and ready for a full day (or more) meeting in front of their computer.
Here are some ideas on virtual meeting gifting:
- Include a welcome letter from a VIP or Special Guest that will be part of the virtual meeting
- Gourmet coffee or tea
- Scented candle (a calming scent)
- Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses
- Branded sweatpants (a quarantine cozy essential)
Add some suspense and have additional boxes that say “Don’t open until”
- Include snacks / gift cards for take out
- Bubbly water to cheers the end of the meeting
For meetings postponing to a later date:
A virtual meeting box is still a good opportunity to keep the team connected and share a sense of unity and excitement for what will come later this year when the meeting can be hosted in person. Decide on a date for a meeting box to be shipped out and fill the box with items that are useful for the new work from home lifestyle.
Here are some ideas:
- Include a letter to the team that inspires and creates excitement for what’s ahead
- Cozy socks (we like these!)
- Snacks (look into potentially offering snacks that are local from the original meeting city)
- Popcorn, Chocolate, Nuts, Beef Jerky
- Branded Water Bottle
- Gift Cards
- Target, Starbucks, Grubhub, McDonalds
We have found that we could all use some positivity and joy in our lives right about now and these meeting boxes can be so impactful in doing that! It’s also so important that organizations still get their meeting messages out from the original meeting and this is a fun and engaging way to do so!
Reach out to us if you have any questions about virtual meeting gifting!