An Elite Agency Seeking Elite Talent
We’re always excited to meet future work-family members who are compassionate, wicked-smart, humble, enthusiastic, innovative, collaborative, curious, diverse, impact-driven and uber-playful people. If you don’t see an open position that leverages your experience and skills, email us your resume anyway, we’d love to meet you.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Director to join our growing team.
The Sales Director is accountable for driving customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives against individual targets for the company and developing and executing all key growth sales strategies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Meet or exceed annual sales targets within an assigned region
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate company goals
- Articulate Bishop-McCann’s services, positioning us within the market and industry against our competitors
- Lead the sales process from planning stage to close
- Lead and participate in the RFP and RFI process, including qualifying leads
- Collaborate with internal teams through the sales process (marketing, finance, creative, logistics and production)
- Communicate, present and influence effectively at the executive and c-level
- Participating in Sales/Leadership meetings to provide departmental insight and collaborate in general business decisions regarding strategy, delivery and client focus
- Represent Bishop-McCann at industry events and meetings
Desired experience and skills and competencies:
- Alignment with Bishop-McCann’s core values. This means having integrity and being impact-driven, compassionate, collaborative, enthusiastic, curious and playful is part of your DNA
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets, in the meeting, event and incentives industry
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- A strong book of business and a keen ability to strategically partner with clients
- Collaborative approach to working with internal and external teams
- Experience in marketing with a gift for story-telling
- Ambitious and results-driven
- Entrepreneurial, flexible and hands-on
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years in the meeting and incentive travel industry
- Proficiency with CRM, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business
- Willingness to travel
To apply: please send your cover letter stating salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered upon receipt. Bishop-McCann strives for diversity and inclusion and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are seeking a creative visionary to play an integral role in establishing and influencing the strategy and direction of creative strategy at Bishop-McCann. This leadership role will work with existing client and new prospect business development teams to build the creative vision and provide creative direction for proposals and/or pitches for client engagements (events, incentive trips and meetings). They will also work on existing client projects to ensure established creative vision aligns with meeting goals and objectives and is executed throughout the planning process all the way through to onsite.
Key responsibilities include:
Sales & Marketing Partnership
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to develop resources for proposals including proposal outline, content creation and presentations
- Champion bold, strategically-led and creative approaches to solving our clients problems while fostering a culture conducive to producing bold experienced-based ideas for the world’s greatest brands
- Partner with sales to develop concept proposals to new and existing clients
- Use communication tools (performance, technology, video, music, 3D, graphic design and other fresh and new ideas) to create presentations and resources that bring strategies, concepts and creative to life
- Present ideas for creative campaigns to stakeholders and sell creative concepts
- Establish and integrated approach so all relevant opportunities are linked together across the appropriate (operations, production, graphics, external partners) departments
- Ability to represent Bishop-McCann capabilities, our brand and our competitive differentiators
- Build intelligence and competitive analysis to influence strategy and delivery (financial, market, organizational, SWOT)
Creative Strategy & Concepts
- Provide creative direction for multi-channel campaigns across a variety of mediums (online, digital and in print)
- Develop creative strategies and concepts and mobilize the team to deliver set concepts
- Writing and presenting concepts via creative story telling
- Use digital elements to drive engagement for live events (video, apps, websites, social media and so forth)
- Drive innovation for Bishop-McCann and clients
- Own the creative output for the company, while reviewing, setting and elevating creative standards
- Ensure all creative work fits the client brief, drives key messages and achieves client’s objectives
- Create rich creative briefs that internal teams understand and support
- Set a project timeline to ensure production deadlines are met
- Work within agreed internal/client budgets
- Access a bench of highly-qualified, vetted external partners
- Establish and report ROI metrics
- Enter billable hours in a timely fashion to our time & labor platform
- Maintain an active presence in the industry
- Nurture a quality network of industry influencers
- Ensure awareness of industry trends and share best practices among Bishop-McCann teams
- Actively contribute to public-facing platforms on behalf of Bishop-McCann (blog, social media activity, panels)
- Motivate, lead and empower direct reports
- Develop, inspire and grow the creative team
- Set standards of excellence and share best practices
- Provide regular updates in leadership team meetings and companywide (at staff retreats, monthly town hall meetings, etc)
- Collaboratively set annual team performance goals
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- With a minimum of 10 years in event production/digital and creative services leadership
- And, a minimum of 5 years in the meeting, event and experiential marketing industry
- You are comfortable in front of senior level executives
- You have an established book of business or clients to engage with Bishop-McCann
- You have a history of winning business through strong creative concepts and partnering with sales teams
- You possess a thorough understanding of the elements of events: from concepting and project management to execution
- You have a business background and portfolio in experiences (branded live events)
- You are tech-savvy with a knowledge of digital communication platforms for live events
- You have a deep understanding of brands, brand communication and management
- You have a great knowledge of all components of creative strategy design and execution
- You are a strong communicator: written, verbal and interpersonal
- You are a creative problem-solver
- You have proven experience leading and growing teams
- You are passionate and driven with an ability to produce exciting creative
- You have an ability to translate client briefs into creative solutions that meet their needs
- You are hard-working and comfortable with tight deadlines
- You have a natural eye for design and artwork and a strong portfolio of creative projects
- You have a high level of work ethic, honesty, integrity, reliability and professionalism
- Your leadership style is authentic, collaborative, energetic, highly self-aware and aligned with our company values: playful, curious, inclusive, synergistic and impact-driven
If we’ve described your work experience and leadership style, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume to Melanie Maddock, VP, Talent & Culture at email@example.com for consideration.
This position offers a competitive total rewards package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, tech reimbursement, vacation and sabbatical. We strive for Diversity and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join us for a hands-on Apprenticeship
The mission of our Internship Program is two fold:
- We want to help grow and mentor Generation Next, our future leaders. We have the very best talent in the industry—join us for a hands-on experience working alongside our people.
- We want to be challenged and we want to learn from different perspectives. We want to surround ourselves and collaborate with students who bring an outside point of view. We know we’ll learn just as much as you do.
We review applications November 1 – December 1 for the Winter/Spring program, which begins January 1st.
We review applications May 1 – June 1 for the Summer/Fall program, which begins July 1st.
Opportunities vary each season. Please check our careers page for available opportunities.
Q: What makes Bishop-McCann’s Apprenticeship program different?
A: We partner interns with Bishop-McCann associates who are passionate about working with and developing interns. We also want this to be valuable real-world work experience.
Q: What if I’m still in school during the program dates?
A: We’re open to exploring part-time schedules; individual listings will describe any schedule requirements.
Q: Will I get school credit?
A: We will work with various school’s programs and requirements to secure school credit when possible.
Q: Are internships paid?
A: Yes. We offer an hourly or daily stipend depending on the position.
Q: What are my responsibilities?
A: We want our interns to actively participate, to contribute to the success of our projects, to give feedback and at the end of the program to share key learnings in a companywide meeting.
Q: What’s the interview process?
A: We have a three-stage interview process, including a case study round interview, before we make any internship offers.
Q: Is a full time position guaranteed at the end of my program?
A: We can’t guarantee job placement, but we would love to explore any available opportunities with you and will support your career development as much as we can.
Not Seeing a Good Fit?
We could be launching a search for your dream position any minute so send us your resume anyway. Resumes, digital-porfolios and letters of interest can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our Talent & Culture team will be in touch.
Bishop-McCann strives for diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.