An Elite Agency Seeking Elite Talent
We’re always excited to meet future work-family members who are compassionate, wicked-smart, humble, enthusiastic, innovative, collaborative, curious, diverse, impact-driven and uber-playful people. If you don’t see an open position that leverages your experience and skills, email us your resume anyway, we’d love to meet you.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Director to join our growing team.
The Sales Director is accountable for driving customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives against individual targets for the company and developing and executing all key growth sales strategies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Meet or exceed annual sales targets within an assigned region
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate company goals
• Articulate Bishop-McCann’s services, positioning us within the market and industry against our competitors
• Lead the sales process from planning stage to close
• Lead and participate in the RFP and RFI process, including qualifying leads
• Collaborate with internal teams through the sales process (marketing, finance, creative, logistics and production)
• Communicate, present and influence effectively at the executive and c-level
• Participating in Sales/Leadership meetings to provide departmental insight and collaborate in general business decisions regarding strategy, delivery and client focus
• Represent Bishop-McCann at industry events and meetings
Desired experience and skills and competencies:
• Alignment with Bishop-McCann’s core values. This means having integrity and being impact-driven, compassionate, collaborative, enthusiastic, curious and playful is part of your DNA
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets, in the meeting, event and incentives industry
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
• A strong book of business and a keen ability to strategically partner with clients
• Collaborative approach to working with internal and external teams
• Experience in marketing with a gift for story-telling
• Ambitious and results-driven
• Entrepreneurial, flexible and hands-on
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years in the meeting and incentive travel industry
• Proficiency with CRM, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business
• Willingness to travel
To apply: please send your cover letter stating salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be considered upon receipt. Bishop-McCann strives for diversity and inclusion and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re seeking a dynamic, excel-guru Finance Apprentice to join our Finance & Accounting team starting in May.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Accounts Payable: sorting and distributing incoming mail, routing invoices for coding and approval, reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval, entering invoices into QuickBooks, auditing and processing credit card bills, 1099 maintenance, responding to all vendor inquiries, assisting in month end close, maintaining files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accounting practices
- Accounts Receivable: reconciling and tracking program expenses for final reconciliations, preparing and tracking payment status of invoices, posting and applying cash receipts in QuickBooks, making weekly collection calls, conducting account research and analysis, maintaining an accurate accounts receivable aging report
- General office duties: Data entry, filing and scanning
- Accounting projects and research as needed
Measures of Performance
To perform the position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills – Exceptional computer skills and accuracy, proficiency in Excel is necessary and QuickBooks proficiency is helpful.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Consistently well-represents the company internally and externally.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Current students are welcome to apply or recent Bachelors or Masters graduates
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Degree or coursework should be relevant to this position
- Knowledge of accounting, accounts payable and receivables is important
- Exceptional computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, project management software)
- Excellent research skills; exhibits natural inquisitiveness and creativity to gather information
- Ability to think through next steps intuitively and put together a plan of action
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure; doesn’t get rattled easily
- Will seek out information when needed
- A strong fit with our company core values, your working style is impact-driven, curious, playful, inclusive and you can work independently or have synergy with a team
This position is a seasonal full time position from May 1 to November 1, but we will consider bringing on students who are available full time in summer and part-time during school. To apply, please send us your resume and a cover letter with your schedule availability and salary requirements for consideration.
We are seeking an experienced, versatile and creative Graphic Designer to help design and execute various print and electronic communication elements for our programs and in support of our sales and marketing initiatives (like case studies and proposals).
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Receive and reroute creative briefs and requests according to the standard operating procedures of the team
- Work closely with the Director, Graphic Design and Art Director to develop creative design solutions
- Create on-site event materials, such as graphics for print and electronic signage, graphics for apps, nametag templates, program agendas, invitations, emails, web banners, PowerPoint presentation templates, image sourcing and the layout of proposals, etc.
- Image sourcing for internal and external production projects
- Develop and maintain supply of internal branding materials such as note cards, pens, posters, flash drives, notebooks, forms and stationary
- Prepare print elements for printing and/or production and communicate with vendors on design and print issues to ensure quality materials
- Develop a working knowledge of our client’s design and brand standards
- Copy-edit materials to ensure accurate grammar and spelling
The ideal applicant has a diverse and relevant commercial portfolio, proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop, as well as in Microsoft PowerPoint and can collaborate with a team and work independently with very tight deadlines.
This is a seasonal position to cover extended absences and will be approximately four-five months in a full-time capacity.
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to us by April 30th with your bill rate.
Join us for a hands-on Apprenticeship
The mission of our Internship Program is two fold:
- We want to help grow and mentor Generation Next, our future leaders. We have the very best talent in the industry—join us for a hands-on experience working alongside our people.
- We want to be challenged and we want to learn from different perspectives. We want to surround ourselves and collaborate with students who bring an outside point of view. We know we’ll learn just as much as you do.
We review applications November 1 – December 1 for the Winter/Spring program, which begins January 1st.
We review applications May 1 – June 1 for the Summer/Fall program, which begins July 1st.
Opportunities vary each season. Please check our careers page for available opportunities.
Q: What makes Bishop-McCann’s Apprenticeship program different?
A: We partner interns with Bishop-McCann associates who are passionate about working with and developing interns. We also want this to be valuable real-world work experience.
Q: What if I’m still in school during the program dates?
A: We’re open to exploring part-time schedules; individual listings will describe any schedule requirements.
Q: Will I get school credit?
A: We will work with various school’s programs and requirements to secure school credit when possible.
Q: Are internships paid?
A: Yes. We offer an hourly or daily stipend depending on the position.
Q: What are my responsibilities?
A: We want our interns to actively participate, to contribute to the success of our projects, to give feedback and at the end of the program to share key learnings in a companywide meeting.
Q: What’s the interview process?
A: We have a three-stage interview process, including a case study round interview, before we make any internship offers.
Q: Is a full time position guaranteed at the end of my program?
A: We can’t guarantee job placement, but we would love to explore any available opportunities with you and will support your career development as much as we can.
Not Seeing a Good Fit?
We could be launching a search for your dream position any minute so send us your resume anyway. Resumes, digital-porfolios and letters of interest can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our Talent & Culture team will be in touch.
Bishop-McCann strives for diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.